Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Dine and Dash

This  happened a Lonnnng time ago.
        In Manhattan Theater district I was in a very classy
        restaurant having dinner, alone.
        I looked at my watch and discovered that it was later than
       I thought.
             I was living in Queens at the time and had to take
       the train to 179th St, and then catch a bus to Douglaston.
             I realized that I didn't have much leeway since the
        last bus left 179th St. at 11:45 and I had to get from 44th St
        to the 179th St in less than three quarters of an hour.
       I practically ran up Broadway and bounced into the station,
       Waited an interminable five minutes for the train
       and finally, seated comfortably in a corner, breathed a sigh
       of relief.
       This lasted until 123rd St when I had a very uncomfortable
       realization that I had left the restaurant without paying the
       check. 
        
       Ans: Of Course I did, Two days later I went back and
             settled up with the manager. Tip and All
                  It was the waiter's day off.

Senior Moment Rating: 3

No comments: